ORION Commercial Serviceshttp://www.orioncre.com
workvoiceprefPhone: (813) 739-5700
cellvoiceCell: (352) 999-1561
workfaxFax: (813) 739-5793
workpref1529 S. Dale Mabry Hwy., Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33629
Specialties: Office Investments
With 30+ years of commercial real estate specialization in the West Florida market, Michael W. Fields is well experienced in the analysis, development and implementation of short and long-range strategic plans for portfolio real estate.
Mike started his commercial real estate focus in 1983 with Lee Arnold & Associates, Inc. in Clearwater, FL where he specialized in suburban office property leasing and sales until leaving the firm in 1991 to form his own firm. With longtime friend and Florida real estate icon, Al Austin he formed The Austin Group, Inc. and two years later, merged that company with Binswanger. With the merger, Mike became managing partner for the Southeast region of one of the world's largest commercial real estate brokerage companies - where he served from 1993 to 2003.
With the sale of his company, Mike joined longtime friends Allen Crumbley and Dewey Mitchell as managing director of Prudential Commercial Real Estate, FL from 2003 until the launch of the ORION initiative in November of 2008.
Career Statistical Summary
- Transaction Volume: $1.5 billion +
- With partners Allen Crumbley & Dewey Mitchell, Mike launched ORION Commercial Services, LLC in July of 2007. As a “Preferred Provider” for Prudential Real Estate, ORION delivers industry leading commercial real estate systems, processes, form, functions, templates, training and mentoring via a leading edge technology platform to the aver 65,000 Prudential Network Affiliate sales professionals throughout the US and Canada.
- Michael W. Fields joined Prudential Commercial Real Estate, FL in March of 2003 as Managing Director and brought to the team a wealth of commercial real estate experience as well as an abundance of local, state and national influence in both the business and political worlds.
- He joined Prudential after retiring in 2001 as President of one of the leading commercial real estate development, sales and management firms in the state of Florida. Additionally, he was Managing Director of the West Florida Region for the largest industrial real estate services firm in the world.
- Twenty-nine years of commercial real estate specialization in the west Florida market.
- Experienced in the analysis, development and implementation of short and long-range strategic plans for portfolio real estate.
- Personally serviced over $1.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions primarily in the west-central Florida market.
- Handled negotiations and been directly responsible for the exclusive listing, leasing and sale of properties for prominent national institutions such as Viacom, RTC, FDI, Bank of America, Shell Land & Energy, Westinghouse, CBS, Chase Bank, J.E. Robert Companies, RECOLL, Fleet Management & Recovery Corporation, Midland Loan Services, Financial Security Assurance, Reed Development Company and various local lenders and developers.
Areas of Specialization
- User and Multi-Tenant investment office sales throughout the West Central Florida Market.
- Served as a Capitol Page in the United States House of Representatives, graduating in 1976 from the United States Capitol Page School (Library of Congress)
- 1980 graduate of the United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, New York.
- Mike has a Bachelor of Science degree and has held a U.S. Coast Guard Third Mate license on U.S. Flag vessels of unlimited tonnage on any waterway in the world.
- Mike worked on the Transition Team in the early days of the Reagan administration before moving into the private sector as Congressional Liaison for a prominent commodities trading and ship chartering brokerage firm in Washington D.C. and New York.
- As a merchant mariner, lobbyist and consultant, Mike has traveled extensively and gained business experience in over fifty foreign countries throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, South and Central America and the Middle East.
- He has been a member of The Board of Governors of the Westshore Alliance, The Executive Committee of the Florida Gulf Coast Commercial Association of Realtors, The Board of Governors of the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce, President of CLEARPAC, Chairman of US Senator Connie Mack’s Round Table, a former "Big Brother" and a member of Leadership Tampa's 1994 Class.
- He carries an 8 handicap on the golf course, has competed in half a dozen triathlons and is an avid golfer, scuba diver and snow skier.
- Mike's most passionate leisure time activity is white water kayaking, which he has pursued for over 25 years on the most challenging rivers throughout the United States, Canada, South and Central America.
- To stay in shape Mike has been doing the CrossFit WOD's 5 to 6 days per week since January of 2010.
Michael Fields's Blog Posts
|Michael Fields's Blog Posts||Date|
|Building Owners Brace for Tall Order: One Way to Measure Space|| May 28, 2014|
|Al Austin - A Great Man|| May 22, 2014|
|More Terrible Than Dying Young.|| February 15, 2014|
|Hayek On Law & Legislation|| February 9, 2014|
|The 9 Most Terrifying Words!|| February 6, 2014|
|2014 Online CRE Training Calendar|| January 29, 2014|
|Visit Us At the Vendor's Showcase in Nashville|| January 27, 2014|
|Dewey Mitchell Named 2014 Board Chairman for Pasco Economic Development Council|| January 26, 2014|
|10 Thing You May Not Know About Martin Luther King, Jr.|| January 19, 2014|
|Accountability In Our Time|| January 16, 2014|
View All Posts By Michael Fields